Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teflon/Karma

When I woke up this morning I made a conscious effort to have a good day. I decided that all the things bothering me could be put aside for these 24 hours. One day at a time. So I focused on not getting down. Well, I think God tested me today. Work was tough, one of my good friends got in a fight with me, and in general it was a day that normally would have gotten me down. But not today! Today I'm teflon. Nothing would stick to me today. I kept laughing, smiling, and maintaining my positive energy throughout it all. I must say I felt somewhat triumphant that I was able to make it. And I must say I felt good. Then I felt rewarded because at 2:22 AM, she called. Now I don't mean to sound pathetic and desperate, like my life revolves around the ex, but it had been too long and hearing from her genuinely makes me happy. One week without hearing from her felt like an eternity. And I truly feel like it happened today for a reason. As if God knew I was ready. And He knew today was the day when it would make me happy and not push me further downward. It's nice when Karma works out in your favor......

No comments:

Post a Comment